Sunday, September 12, 2010

dior swatches and paul & joe

How is everyone?

Well I went out last night for  ladies night out but it failed and I'd already gotten dressed up =( so instead I stayed home with my boyfriend. I used the Dior makeup palette I bought a while back. I would do a FOTD look but my camera was taking crappy pics 

Here are the swatches for the palette
Palette comes with 1 lipstick, 1 blush, diorskin forever compact in 020 beigh clair, 6 eyeshadows, DiorShow mascara, 1 double ended applicator, i mini blush brush


First Column: 837, 884, 127 from the Dior 5 Couleurs palettes
Second Column: 725, 005 from Dior 1 Couleurs (mono eyeshadows), 059 from 5 Couleurs Iridescent palette 

Top to Bottom: 837, 884, 127
The 884 is quite shimmery and but the shimmers are very very fine, 127 would be excellent for a smoky look


Left to Right: 725, 005, 059 (sorry, tried to take accurate images but they wouldn't show)
Very iridescent and shiny, smooth application and extremely blendable, great pigments



DiorBlush in 920, Rouge Dior in 365 Rose VIP
The blush is very very shimmery, maybe a little too shimmery, however it would make a good highlighter or applied on top of a matte blush to give it some extra shimmer, the pink pigments don't show through too well, The lipstick is a nice pink fine shimmer lipstick

Overall it's a nice palette and very handy as a travel companion =]
After it's been used up the palette can be taken out and the bag can double up as another make up bag to store other products and because the mirror is quite big for a travel mirror

I'm also entering in another competition held by makeupandlife
She's giving away the Alice in Wonderland Daydream set by Paul & Joe. I haven't found Paul & Joe cosmetics in Australia but have seen them in the Japanese magazines. The packaging is sooo cute ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment