Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lacy Nails

So bored last night so I decided to use one of my favourite nail polish colour and add a lace design on top. I used the Sally Hansen nail art pen in white to draw the patterns. It looks like a felt tip pen. It is really good because when you make a mistake you can wipe it off and start again. After you are satisfied with your design all you have to do is seal it with a clear top coat. The base colour is China Glaze in the colour 'ForAudrey' which is like the Tiffany and Co. blue. 


To achieve this look I applied a base coat, then 2 coats of colour. 


For the lace look just draw two parallel line about half a centimetre from each other. Fill it in with scallops and then draw scallops on the outside edges of the line and colour the edges in. Seal with a clear top coat.


Make sure you have allowed adequate drying time between each coat of polish. Also make sure the colour coat has been dried for a while so it's easier to draw in the design. 





What do you guys think of this design?

1 comment:

  1. Your nails look lovely! I am loving that color too... I've always wanted to try China Glaze polish, I need to invest in some lol. :]

    ReplyDelete